Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Indera SC just one game away

Indera Sports Club’s Hazwan Hamzah (L) chasing the ball during their DST Super League match against Najip FC at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas last night.BT/Ak Fauzi Pg Salleh
Monday, September 8, 2014

DST Super League champions Indera Sports Club (SC) are only one match away from completing their unbeaten record this season after thrashing Najip FC 5-1 last night.

Indera, who defended their title by beating QAF FC 7-1 last Monday, will face fierce rivals Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council in their last game on Saturday – and their manager knows that history beckons if they can earn at least a point.

“We already secured the league title and at the same time defended the title, but for us there is still one more thing to achieve - which is to go unbeaten throughout the tournament,” said Indera head coach Hj Omar Hj Jamil in an interview with The Brunei Times after the match.

“We will face our traditional enemy MS ABDB (Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council in our final match next week (Saturday),”

“It is going to be tough as they have a number of good players, but of course we are going for a win… We must not lose,” he stressed.

Last night’s win at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Stadium in Berakas put Indera – who led 4-0 at the break – on 43 points.

MS ABDB are second with 34 while Najip are still third with 27.

Asri Hj Aspar scored a brace for Indera while Sam Frank, Mohd Khairul Anuar Abdul Rahim and Mohammad Hamizan Abdul Aziz Sulaiman all found the net.

“Everyone worked very hard tonight and I think Mohd Nurikhwan Othman was wonderful in the midfield with his good control and creativity,” continued Hj Omar.

“He was our best player tonight.

“We played very slow tempo football in the first half but my players took our chances very well and we led comfortably in the first-half,” he added.

Mohd Asri opened the scoring early in the third minute before Mohammad Hamizan’s brilliant effort from outside the penalty box double Indera’s lead in the 15th minutes.

Abdul Azim Abdul Rahman should have pull one back for Najip but his shot from the edge of the penalty box went straight into the hands of Indera goalkeeper Mohd Norul Zulhilmi Mustapa.

Mohd Khairul Anuar scored Indera’s third at the half-hour mark before Ford made it 4-0 just before the half-time whistle by perfectly latching onto Mohd Nurikhwan's through ball before dribbling past goalkeeper Abdul Hafiz Abdul Rahim and slamming the ball into the net.

Indera continued to control the game in the second half with their short passes and they almost added to their lead when Mohd Nurikhwan picked Mohd Asri out at the far post, but the latter fired his shot wide.

Najip managed to find the net when Abang Norsilmy Abang Hj Taha headed home Noor Raimi Karim’s cross from the right following a swift counter attack in the 76th minute, but Mohd Asri would score Indera’s fifth just seven minutes later.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment