Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Indera Sports Club break free from Prisons Dept

An Indera Sports Club player (yellow) dribbling the ball against Prisons Department last night at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas.

Picture: BT/ Wardi Buntar 
Sunday, November 4, 2012

INDERA Sports Club put on a commanding performance to beat Prisons Department 4-1 in the second round of the Brunei FA Cup last night

Indera were the dominant team throughout the entire course of the match, putting on a sublime display of passing while controlling the pace of the game at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas.

The Prisons Department team, in contrast, were constantly on the back foot, having to defend wave after wave of Indera's relentless attacks.

Indera's efforts paid off in the 35th minute when a through ball found striker Muhd Nur Ikwan Othman who calmly fired the ball into the back of the net.

The second-half was played out in similar fashion with the four-man defence of Prisons Department desperately trying to smother Indera's attacks.

Their efforts would prove to be futile as a cross from the right saw an unmarked Hamizan Aziz Sulaiman double his team's lead at 2-0 in the 60th minute.

Prisons Department's Akob Akim would respond and claw one back for his team just six minutes later. The striker putting forth an impressive solo effort to tear down Indera's defence before firing in his team's only goal of the night.

Celebrations were cut short however when Hamizan scored his brace in the 80th minute after sprinting into the penalty box past the Prisons Department's defence.

A freekick awarded to Indera five minutes later after a sliding tackle by the Prisons Department was judged to be too harsh would set the stage for the game's final goal.

Mohd Azwan Ali Rahman took the kick and turned Prisons Department goalkeeper Abdul Samad Hj Gapor into a spectator by sending the ball over the wall into the left side of the goal.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment