Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2015

Hamizan hat-trick guides Indera

An Indera SC player (C) attempts to score during the first half of the match against Jerudong FC in the DST Super League at the Balapan Track and Field in Berakas last night. BT/Sanusi Hussin
Monday, August 3, 2015 

A STRONG second-half performance helped Indera Sports Club (SC) beat Jerudong FC 4-0 in the DST Super League last night.
Hamizan Aziz Sulaiman bagged a hat-trick, while Sam Frank also found the net in the victory scoring the first goal at the Balapan Track and Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex
The result propelled the defending champions to the summit of the 10-team league table with 18 points ahead of second-placed Najip I-Team on goal difference.

“During the team talk I told my players to use both flanks to attack Jerudong as I can see they are quite weak with their full-backs, so I asked them to go hard on the first 15 minutes and when we scored the first goal, the goals keeps coming,” said Indera SC manager Rosdin Hj Abdul Aziz in an interview with The Brunei Times after the match.

“It was a very balanced 50/50 game in the first-half and Jerudong were playing very well and they have a number of new players in their team.

“We looked a bit rusty after the long Hari Raya and Ramadhan break, but for me three points is what matters and I am very happy.

“The back-four (defenders) was excellent tonight especially left-back Muiz Sisa. He made real contributions in both attacking and defending, but I think everyone have a very decent game,” he added. Frank opened the scoring in the 58th minute when he was the first to get to the rebound following a shot from Ak Mohd Azrul Ariffin Pg Hj Metussin inside the penalty area.

Hamizan Aziz made it 2-0 in the 61st minute with a long range shot to beat Jerudong goalkeeper Abdul Samad Hj Gapor.

Frank made a beautiful run behind Jerudong defenders and Abdul Samad came off his line to clear the ball which fell onto Hamizan Aziz, who then calmly lobbed the ball into the net from 30 metres out.

Hamizan scored his second goal just two minutes later this time latching onto a corner kick from Muiz from the left before slamming the ball into the net.

Jerudong tried to get back into the game by bringing in Agus Haryono and the striker almost made an immediate impact when he lashed a powerful shot just from outside the penalty box, but Indera’s goalkeeper Mohd Fakhrul Zulhazmi Yussof managed to parry the ball away.

Hamizan completed his hat-trick in the 82nd minute when he perfectly controlled the long ball from Muiz before blasting the ball at the bottom right corner.

The other match last night between Tabuan Muda (the national under-23 team) and Wijaya FC at the Tutong Sports Complex ended up with a goalless draw.

The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment