Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

Najip, Lun Bawang draw

Najip I-Team’s Mohd Esmendy Brahim (C) in action during the DST Super League match held at the Berakas Sports Complex yesterday. Picture: BT/Khaliq Roziman
Monday, March 21, 2016
NAJIP I-Team and Lun Bawang played out to a 2-2 draw in the DST Super League yesterday at the Berakas Sports Complex.
Norfaez Sayang and Md Azri Zahari got on the scoresheet for Najip while the duo of Petrus Jumat and Rainney Lius netted for Lun Bawang.
Najip broke the deadlock in the 19th minute with Norfaez putting the ball past Lun Bawang goalkeeper Azriel Arman.
Lun Bawang equalised from a deadball situation in the 42nd minute with a freekick from midfield sent to Petrus at the edge of the box. He then lobbed it into the top left corner past the outstretched arm of Najip custodian Ron Junior Philip.
Amir Ak Bujang almost gave them the lead just before the halftime whistle but his effort from just inside the box came off the crossbar.
Najip could have regained the lead in the 52nd minute but Muhd Faiz Farhan Kamat headed the ball over.
Lun Bawang got in front in the 67th minute after Rainney curled one in from a tight angle on the right side.
However, it came with some controversy as a Najip player had gone down in the box and every one stopped play despite the whistle had not been blown.
The lead was shortlived as Najip responded two minutes later after good work by Azri in the box.
He switched from his left foot to avoid a tackle before unleashing it with his right from inside the box to beat Azriel.
They had the momentum and almost added another two minutes later with  Mamduh Momin launching from 30 yards out but Azriel produced a fingertip save to keep it out.
Lun Bawang had a good chance in the 83rd minute but Mohd Alikhan Hj Mohd Yakop sent his freekick from the edge of the box just over.
At the other end, Muhd Faiz should have done better to get his shot on target. Another chance came begging in the 86th minute but Atifuddin couldn’t place his shot on target from just outside the box at an open goal.
Lun Bawang almost stole all three points in the 89th minute after Petrus was sent through on goal but he took too much time and could only fire at the side netting to see both teams share the spoils.
Over at the Balapan Track and Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas, Wijaya FC picked up a 3-0 win over Jerudong FC.
The other match between defending champions Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB) and the Royal Brunei Police Force Sports Council (MS PDB) at the Bolkiah Garrison was cancelled due to technical problems.
The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment