Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Majra share spoils with MS ABDB

Julremi Haji Zaini (L), Majra FC, and SLD Muhammad Hazmi Zolkipli (R), MS ABDB, in action last night, during the DST Super League 2012/2013, at the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas. Picture: BT/Saifulizam
Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A LATE goal by SLD Md Baharin Hamidon ensured the Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB) remain undefeated in the DST Super League after a 2-2 draw against Majra United FC last night.

SLD Md Baharin was the fastest to the rebound on an effort that hit the post to score in the 90th minute to share the spoils at the Balapan Track & Field of the Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas.

Majra head coach, Hj Mohd Faizalani Abd Ghani, was disappointed to not get out of the game with all three points.

"I thought we should have got the win as we had the bulk of the chances. It was just down to one silly mistake that cost us the win," said Hj Mohd Faizalani after the match.

"We were comfortable and had the momentum. We had studied our opponents and did our part," he added.

"We're disappointed not to win the game because we dominated the second half," continued Hj Mohd Faizalani.

The clash of the titans between two unbeaten teams proved its worth in the opening half as it was a fast paced match right from kick off and a physical one too.

MS ABDB threatened with the long ball and they broke the deadlock in the 27th minute.

KPL (U) Mohd Hardi Hj Matassan was a menace just outside the box with ball possession. With Majra defenders failing to clear, the former fired in a half volleyed shot to beat Abi Yazid Yussof in between the Majra sticks to give the armymen the lead.

His teammate LKPL (U) Mohd Amir almost scored on a similar attempt in the 34th minute but saw his effort just over the crossbar.

Mohammad Jurelmi Hj Zaini should have leveled the scores in the 38th minute after he rose highest on a corner but saw his header denied by the crossbar.

Majra equalised through Noor Raimi @ Shahremy Karim three minutes to the break. He took a freekick from the left that took a deflection off MS ABDB captain SLD Mohammad Safari Wahit to beat goalkeeper SLD Mohd Tarmizi Hj Mat Johari at the near post.

The tempo slowed down at the start of the second half but Majra were looking the better team with their high intensity on defence. They were double or triple teaming each time a MS ABDB player was on the ball to win possession.

Pushing forward on numerous occasions, Majra finally got the lead in the 76th minute after Abang Nor Silmy Abang Hj Taha connected on a header off a freekick from midfield.

The momentum was with Majra but it was not until SLD Md Baharin scored to ensured they took home a point.

The action didn't end there as SLD Mohd Tarmizi made a mistake by taking a goalkick outside the box.

He was fortunate to make a save on the ensuing freekick to ensure they salvaged a point from the match.

MS ABDB manager, Major Azaman Hj Hussin, was also left disappointed that their winning run came to an end last night.

"It was a 50-50 game. Our opponents attacked and we did too. It was important that the players keep their mentality and discipline throughout the game which helped us end the game at 2-2," said Major Azaman.

"It was a tough game and I'm a little disappointed because we wanted all the three points. But credit to Majra as they have been working hard and they put up a good performance too," he added.

Indera SC and MS ABDB are on 13 points but the former remain at the top of the 10-team table on goal difference. However, the latter have played one game less. On the other hand, Majra are in third with 12 points.

The competition continues tomorrow with the Royal Brunei Police Forces Sports Council going up against Kilanas FC at the same venue. Kick off is at 8.15pm.
The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment