Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Tempers flare as Indera triumph

An Indera FC player (R) falls as he tries to maintain possession against a Jerudong FC player (L) during their DST Super League football match at the Balapan Track and Field Berakas last night.Picture: BT/Saiful Omar
Wednesday, January 16, 2013

INDERA Sports Club edged Jerudong FC 3-2 in a bad tempered DST Super League match at the Balapan Track and Field, Hassanal Bolkiah National Sports Complex in Berakas last night.

Indera, who led heading into this week's round of action but were displaced by the Royal Brunei Armed Forces Sports Council (MS ABDB), now regain their spot as top dogs pushing the soldiers to second.

Indera started off strongly in the first-half and they created the best chances in the first 10 minutes, where Hamizan Abdul Aziz was a prominent figure and could have scored twice in the space of 60 seconds.

His first chance came in the fourth minute when midfielder Nurikhwan Othman hoisted a perfect ball into his path but Hamizan, after showing neat control, got his angles slightly wrong and lobbed the ball on top of the net.

Hamizan scurried into Jerudong's area after holding off a challenge a minute later, but again, the striker was left frustrated as his attempt was parried by Jerudong goalkeeper Abdul Hafiz Hj Mursadi.

Indera was eventually rewarded six minutes later when left-back Abdul Muiz Sisa made a wonderful run from the left flank before latching onto a long ball from midfield and scooping the ball over the goalkeeper in the 11th minute.

Sahrin Momin made it 2-0 when he scored a curling free-kick in the 20th minute which deflected off the Jerudong wall before nestling into the net, leaving goalkeeper Abdul Hafiz with no chance.

However Jerudong replied almost immediately when Mohd Endy Soehardy Awg Sapar headed home Mohd Esmendy Brahim's cross two minutes later.

The second half resumed with Jerudong pressing hard to find an equaliser with numerous counter-attacking chances from long balls and crosses.

But it was Indera who found the net first in the 56th minute via Mohammad Khayrun Salleh.

With hard tackles and rough plays coming all over the field, the match increased in intensity after Abu Bakar Mahari scored the second goal for Jerudong on the hour-mark.

A Jerudong player made a dangerous tackle on Azwan Ali Rahman in the final minute of the game and the latter was shown a red card after reportedly punching the player.

"The referees spoilt the game tonight, it was a very poor refereeing," said Indera coach Ishak Hj Kabon

"A lot of dangerous tackles made by the opponent went unpunished in the game.

"We played very well in the first-half and we should have killed the game off.

"There were a lot of chances and the players should have scored.

"After all, I am very happy with three points. MS ABDB won yesterday and we needed the three points."
The Brunei Times

No comments:

Post a Comment